Avira AntiVir is known to be one of the best free antivirus application that offers features and protection of full fledged antivirus program. It scans and eliminates viruses from your computer and give reliable protection from today’s soaring internet crimes and it can be downloaded absolutely free from here. However, the free version has an annoying feature, a popup notifier that keeps advertising for the premium version of Avira.
If you find this notifier is annoying, there is a simple solution to stop this. You can easily disable this through your PC’s Software Restriction Policy .
Here is how to do this in Windows Vista ,Windows 7 and Windows XP
1. Open Control Panel (switch to small icon view from category view for Vista and 7) – Administrative tools – Local security policy. (In Windows XP Control panel-Administrative tools - Local security policy
2. Right click on Software Restriction Policy and select ‘New Software restriction Policy’.
3. Now right click on Additional Rules – New path rule.
4. Browse to C:\Program Files\(Avira)\AntiVir Desktop\ and double-click ‘avnotify.exe’
5. Set the security level to Disallowed and Click Apply to save the settings.Now onwards there is no annoying notification.